Covance is currently seeking a Supervisor Operations IV in Indianapolis, IN.
The Team Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day coordination and supervision of the operations department to ensure the successful implementation of the Global Sample Management strategy, structures, processes, and metrics in order to deliver outstanding customer satisfaction.
- Supervises the day-to-day operations of the team including but not limited to:
- Ensuring the development of a competent workforce to meet growth plans within budget.
- Supervising the workload balance.
- Ensuring the seamless integration of all Specimen Management Center functions at the local site.
- Accountable for the activities of the team, communicating issues to management and taking corrective action where appropriate.
- Ensure the consistent implementation, use and review of SOPs.
- Monitor and track department activities and resources.
- Help and review new Service Requests ( NSSO)
- Assist and support management in the development and implementation of global processes and procedures, and performance metrics.
- Participate in the Specimen Management Center tasks related to strategy, planning, budgeting and cross department issues.
- Ensure new processes are developed with global participation and implementation.
- Track, monitor, and report metrics in the agreed upon timelines.
- Instills a culture of continuous improvement, quality and productivity.
- Supervises staff including but not limited to:
- Coordinating and monitoring progress to ensure achievement of timelines and goals.
- Day-to-day supervision of individual team members.
- With management’s input, complete thorough, timely and well-documented performance evaluations and interim progress reviews.
- Establishing and monitoring performance objectives for direct reports, communicating performance issues to management, and taking corrective action where appropriate.
- Monitor, track, manage and ensure resolution of all customer complaints, issues and concerns.
- Ensures all services failures are identified, tracked and resolved in a timely manner. Take preventative action to ensure that the same service failure(s) does not occur again.
- Effective and timely adherence to management communications, meetings and procedures.
- Monitors expenses and communicates to Management budget variances.
Ability to travel.