Covance is seeking a FT Material Handler-II - Shipping, at the Madison, WI facility. This is a 1st Shift 40HR role, paid hourly.
The Material Handler II is responsible for performing a variety of duties related to receiving, distributing, storing, dispensing, inventory control and/or shipping in a safe and efficient manner, following Purchase order, P-Card or other internal instructions and applicable state and federal regulations.
Loads and unloads freight in a safe manner. Operates any material handling equipment safely and efficiently. Makes certain all equipment needed for handling and moving of goods is available and in safe working condition
• Verify contents of material received under purchase orders.
• Report shortages, damages, and incorrect shipments on appropriate forms and to designated personnel.
• Using internal computer systems, enter purchase order, sample, and/or inventory receipts, perform inquiries and print appropriate paperwork. Prepare logs for P-Card, Internet order and Freight receipts. Enter requisitions for select items based on inventory.
• Deliver materials or samples to proper locations.
• Ensure proper rotation and organization of stock and participate in physical inventories. Trace problems related to discrepancies and work with Buyer/RCP’s to resolve.
Previous experience operating material handling equipment is beneficial