Project Director, Oncology
Home-Based Anywhere in the US
Therapeutic Area Required: Oncology
Typically under the direction of a Director/Senior Director/Executive Director, oversees and directs multiple international projects concurrently. Accountable for project execution to include managing project leaders and teams, developing and managing budgets, timelines, and quality guidelines for projects, thereby ensuring that expectations are met while identifying and mitigating risks. The Project Director is accountable for oversight of project communications, scope, schedule, cost, quality and stakeholders. They ensure that variance from project plans is proactively mitigated and client expectations are met by the team. The Project Director also ensures accurate documentation for the project, with timely data updates that are high quality. They supervise and assess the performance of the core team members and motivate, train and develop the team's expertise. They ensure efficient and effective day-to-day operations, while maintaining good relationships with sponsors. The Project Director may also have line management and / or business development responsibilities.
Essential Job Duties:
- Accountable for project execution and serve as key client contact for assigned projects, establishing working relationships with client project teams which result in client satisfaction, operational excellence and thereby increase potential for repeat.
- Lead core project team(s) and facilitate team's ability to lead extended project team(s), ensuring effective cross-functional teamwork among project team members including both internal and external stakeholders.
- Resolve conflict and serve as escalation point for project issues to internal and external stakeholders, as appropriate.
- With key stakeholders, develop the project delivery strategy, costing assumptions and resulting budget for assigned project(s).
- Deliver project(s) to scope, schedule and costs, ensuring all remain on track with the contract and with financial performance targets. Initiate and implement appropriate actions to proactively manage the change control process.
- Proactively lead both quality control and risk assurance activities to ensure project deliverables are met according to regulatory, Covance and client requirements.
- Use experience from previous projects and lessons learned to ensure process improvements are implemented successfully across all projects.
- Oversee team management of and variance to required project plans. Ensure that all staff allocated to assigned project(s) adheres to professional standards and SOPs, managing team performance and adjustments as necessary.
- Develop and manage to key project performance indicators for client specified metrics, ensuring that the KPIs are within scope of the project contract.
- Define and manage project resource needs and establish succession plans.
- In collaboration with relevant departments, prepare and deliver presentations for new business as required.