Covance, a global contract research organization, worked on all of the top 50 best-selling drugs available today through its full spectrum of nonclinical, clinical and commercialization services.
Through our work in Early Development Stage many lifesaving advances in medicine and safety have been drawn from the scientific discoveries made through animal research.
Medical Technologist -Greenfield Indiana
Duties include but not limited to performing established procedures for non-clinical testing as required in all assigned laboratory disciplines. Responsible for analyzing animal specimens with report findings shared with pharmaceutical company
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to;
- Retrieve and check specimens against pending list.
- Document and resolve any specimen discrepancies. Notify laboratory management when specimen discrepancies are not resolved.
- Prepare workstation and instrumentation for the assigned testing.
- Ensure the validity of test results through the performance of established quality control procedures. Interpret quality control results according to established departmental procedures.
- Receive, open and place in service all reagents according to SOPs.
- Prepare and properly label reagents and document according to SOPs.
- Operate instruments to perform testing in accordance with established written procedures.
- Resolve routine and non-routine assay problems.
- Perform parallel testing, reagent validation, linearity’s, and stability studies.
- Process and ship samples according to study specific instructions.
- Evaluates and solves problems related to the collection and processing of specimens.
- Perform maintenance on instruments and equipment daily, weekly, monthly, and document.