The Program Manager, Service Delivery supports the Account Director as the liaison between Covance Market Access (CMA) and the client contacts. The Program Manager, Service Delivery oversees the day-to-day activities for CMA programs, such as hubs, reimbursement hotlines, patient assistance programs, co-payment programs, and other programs. This involves daily interactions with CMA clients, as well as overall program management, including a program’s efficiency, service delivery, and staff performance. This individual manages client requests, escalates issues when appropriate and works to ensure that program staff is knowledgeable and effective according to the program parameters. The Program Manager, Service Delivery is responsible for managing the performance of Supervisors.
- The Program Manager, Service Delivery is expected to support the program(s) and the Account Director in the following areas (but not limited to):
- Participate in account review/strategic planning exercises with the Account Director and Sr. Account Director.
- Support new program launches and initiatives.
- Prepare contracts as necessary.
- Participate in business development as necessary.
- Provide leadership on PSS and CMA initiatives.
- Develop and cultivate the relationship between our business and clients. Work with clients on program planning. Write and review client deliverables, including but not limited to program reports, memorandums, contracts, and change orders. Lead routine client meetings and participate in other client meetings (via teleconference and in-person) and sales force training programs as appropriate. Anticipate and respond to day-to-day client requests.
- Develop, implement, and evolve guidelines and expectations for a comprehensive program management approach to achieve results for the business and employees.
- Manage the Supervisors on the program(s) the manager oversees. Participate in the recruiting process for new Supervisors, write performance reviews, and address personnel and performance issues. Partner with Supervisors to develop and support Individual Development Plans.
- Participate in the recruiting and onboarding processes to support business and program teams as necessary.
- Ensure the highest quality is achieved through managing agent and program performance. Assess escalation and remediation procedures to ensure performance measures are met. Provide subject matter expertise on these issues as necessary.
- Support the career development of direct reports and/or indirect reports to help grow their business acumen, customer service, reimbursement expertise, quality orientation, and technical and interpersonal skills. Ensure that they fulfill the appropriate internal and client specific training requirements.
- Manage programs for profitability. Review program budgets, proformas, and prepare client invoices. Monitor program volume to adjust internal revenue forecasts and communicate changes to appropriate parties. Manage client financial deliverables. Collaborate with CMA clients to monitor volume trends and track program budgets. Work internally with the program team to identify and implement process improvements to resolve budget issues, maintain appropriate contribution margins (CMs) and drive efficiency. Work with the Manager of Talent Acquisition to make sure staffing forecast is updated to meet program resource needs.
- Understand and communicate contracted program performance metrics, including Service Level Agreements (SLAs) or Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), client expectations, and goals to the team. Participate, manage, and oversee the development of program-specific plans to achieve metrics. Monitor program adherence to the contract.
- Ensure the program is adequately staffed to achieve performance measures.
- Adhere to staff administration processes (timesheets, performance reviews, training matrices, etc.). Ensure direct and indirect reports adhere to the same processes.
- Work with Training Center of Excellence and Quality to identify internal and client-specific training needs. Participate in training staff on client expectations (voice of the client) in program design, day-to-day service delivery and changes in program scope. Provide regular feedback to program staff, supervisors and directors regarding training needs or other operational changes. Understand program processes and support the development of program specific procedures (PSPs). Understand program database to support client needs.
- Understand coverage, coding, and reimbursement issues and focus on developing broader market knowledge. Stay abreast of industry and policy trends. Have a working knowledge of legal regulations that impact the business.
- Collaborate with colleagues in Sales and Marketing, and other business functions as appropriate. Support enterprise-wide management of client relationships and corporate cross-functional initiatives by serving as the “voice of the client” and a subject matter expert in program operations.
- Provide tactical support for the Supervisors:
- Ensure that Supervisors are listening to agent calls to assess customer service levels on program(s) and providing feedback and remediation plans as necessary.
- Ensure that Supervisors are identifying and escalating program trends and provide recommendations to the issues as necessary.
- Ensure that high quality work is delivered and performance measures are met on the program team(s).
- Ensure that Supervisors are monitoring program volume, identifying fluctuations and recommending staffing changes to address needs. When deviations occur, ensure that the Supervisors are escalating deviations
- Serve as a back up to any Supervisor and other managerial positions as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.