Learns to coordinate activities involved in toxicology studies, performs technical procedures in various areas, collects data and documents pertinent information in compliance with appropriate SOP’s, GLP’s and regulatory agency guidelines. Monitors animal health and welfare in compliance with the Animal Welfare Act and help maintain facilities for AAALAC compliance.
- Administers animal care and medical treatments such as, but not limited to:
- Prepares medical records
- Animal restraint/handling
- Suture removal
- Bandage removal and or replacement
- Surgery treatments
- Venous catheterizations placement on a variety of species including, but not limited to non-human primate, mouse, rat, canine, rabbit, etc.
- Give urgent treatments as directed by veterinarian staff (IV/ SQ fluids, oxygen therapy (mask or intubation), analgesics.)
- Collects basic samples using appropriate techniques and submitting the samples. May include blood, feces, urine, etc.
- Learns to take and process radiographs; knows and understands radiation safety
- Assist veterinarians by preparing wound, gathering supplies, monitoring during and after procedure.
- Learns and performs basic suture techniques
- Animal prep for surgery, including intubation, surgical scrub (aseptic technique), monitoring animals under anesthesia and recovery
- Performs minor surgical procedures
- Perform dental procedures- blunting, routine cleaning, and extractions.
- Demonstrates effective QC and documentation skills
**$1000 Sign On Bonus for Qualified Candidates**