Senior Project Manager, Oncology
Home-Based in the US or Canada
Therapeutic Area Experience Required: Oncology
At times working under the direction of a Project Director; the Senior Project Manager oversees and manages domestic, regional and/or international projects. Responsibilities typically include developing and managing project teams, communications, risk, scope, schedule, cost, quality, and stakeholders, effectively ensuring that variance from plan is proactively and effectively mitigated and client expectations are met. The Senior Project Manager is expected to have a working knowledge of drug development and clinical trial execution. They also compile and drive documentation for the project, ensuring the accuracy and quality of regulatory data. The Senior Project Manager may also have line management and / or business development responsibilities.
- Serve as key client contact for assigned projects, establishing working relationships with client project teams which result in client satisfaction, operational excellence and thereby increase potential for repeat business.
- Lead core project team(s) and facilitate team's ability to lead extended project team(s), ensuring effective cross-functional teamwork among project team members including both internal and external stakeholders. Depending on size and scope of project(s), this job duty may be performed in collaboration with a Project Director.
- Serve as escalation point for project issues to internal and external stakeholders, as appropriate.
- Proactively identify and resolve conflicts as needed.
- Understand the project delivery strategy, costing assumptions and resulting budget for assigned project(s).
- Monitor project scope, schedule and costs to ensure all remain on track with the contract and with financial performance targets. Initiate and implement appropriate actions to proactively manage the change control process both internally and externally.
- Proactively lead both quality control and risk assurance activities to ensure project deliverables are met according to regulatory, Covance and client requirements.
- Create and manage variance to required project plans. Per SOPs, implement and monitor progress against project plans and revise as necessary. Ensure that all staff allocated to assigned project(s) adheres to professional standards and SOPs, providing performance feedback to team member’s respective supervisors.
- Aid in development and maintenance of key project performance indicators for client specified metrics, ensuring that the KPIs are within scope of the project contract.
- Define and manage project resource needs and establish succession plans for key resources.
- In collaboration with relevant departments, prepare and deliver presentations for new business as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.