To provide assistance with sample preparation and support to the laboratory staff and to follow all needed quality control documentation and procedures to accomplish these goals. To be able to work independently in these areas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learns how to document work and maintain study documentation and laboratory records.
- Prepares reagents for laboratory needs.
- Calibrates pipettes and maintains general laboratory equipment.
- Cleans glassware and empties excess lab reagents into waste.
- Keeps laboratory stocked with sufficient lab supplies.
- Performs routine chemical procedures including sample preparation.
- Learns how to use laboratory equipment appropriate for assigned tasks.
- Attends and participates in project and laboratory staff meetings.
- Learns to plan assigned workload on a daily basis and effectively schedule multiple assignments.
- Contributes to a cohesive team environment. Plans individual workload in coordination with team members and provides support as needed.
- Supports process improvement initiatives.
- Maintains a clean and safe laboratory work environment.
- Modifies established procedures within specified guidelines
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Learns to interact with internal clients.