Covance is hiring a Lead Scientist - Genomics to join its global team in Indianapolis, IN.
- Functioning independently, the Lead Scientist will lead a group to design and implement research protocols, adapt new procedures, methods or instrumentation related to clinical trials.
- Keep abreast of new biochemistries, instrumentation, or software by reading scientific literature. Communicate research results through presentations or project reports.
- Conduct experiments; summarize findings; write validation plans and reports; provide supervision and guidance to junior staff.
- Work with other groups to analyze problems and recommend solutions to improve operations.
- Assist program management, client services and other staff to answer study related questions.
- Helps in development of analysis tools for high throughput genomic data sets. Test new and updated bioinformatics tools and software.
- Confer with departments such as marketing, business development, and operations to coordinate product development or improvement.