Get ready to redefine what’s possible and discover your extraordinary potential at Covance. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to personally advance healthcare and make a difference in peoples’ lives with your bold ideas and unique point of view. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you’ll be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning.
Join us as we speed the delivery of groundbreaking therapies and anticipate tomorrow’s drug development challenges, creating new possibilities for our clients—and your career.
Covance has a job opening for a Medical Writer II. Person can be home or office based in the US or Canada.
The Medical Writer II is the Lead writer responsible for preparation of clinical study protocols and clinical study reports (CSRs), and other clinical documents as needed. Provides support to more experienced writers with the preparation of complex clinical documents. Interpretation of clinical, pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamic and statistical results as appropriate. Production of scientific publications and other documents (e.g. abstracts, posters, manuscripts, etc). Oversees and coordinates other writers on CSR appendices compilation and narrative projects. Prepare and review patient safety narratives and CSR appendices. Ensure timely delivery of high quality documents to internal
customers and Sponsors. Works with the management team to provide training to Medical Writers to ensure best working practices are maintained. Foster excellent working relationships with all clients, both internal and external, with the highest quality of service in a cost-effective manner on time, every time.
Minimum of first degree in life sciences (or equivalent); advanced degree (e.g., PhD or Masters) preferred
* Typically minimum 3 years medical writing experience including 1 year as medical writing project lead
* Excellent command of written and spoken English
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* In-depth knowledge of MS Word
* Good organizational and time management ability
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Knowledge of ICH guidelines applicable to medical writing
* Good understanding of medical/scientific terminology and experience in data analysis and interpretation