The RFI (Request for Information) Team at Covance falls under the Strategic Writing, Presentations, Experience, Information, Knowledge and Experience group within the Commercial Organization at Covance. We are currently looking for someone to strengthen our team in the Phase I-IV and device/diagnostics arena.
The mission of the RFI Response Team is to efficiently manage information requests, provide accurate/validated Covance information and data, and support the global commercial organization to win new business by writing responses that are consistent, compelling and award-winning. We are recruiting in the US or the UK for this role
The person we are looking for:
Is a confident and creative writer, who can effectively manage a team of reviewers in order to put together compelling response documents
Is resourceful about finding information and suggesting ideas
- Writes effective RFI responses by using existing RFI tools, systems and processes such as Salesforce, SharePoint, Qvidian, etc.
- Owns all aspects of the appropriate RFI process for assigned/ accountable opportunities (inclusive of managing opportunities autonomously, establishing clear timelines, meeting client requirements, and resolving obstacles with minimal support)
- Is responsible for managing opportunities of high complexity
- Is expected to work on opportunities regardless of Business Unit, with specialization in at least one Business Unit (e.g., Early Development, Government work, Central Lab Services, Clinical Pharmacology, and/or Clinical Development Services), and may be responsible for developing responses for integrated opportunities (i.e., spanning across multiple Business Units)
- Reviews and analyzes RFI and/or Request for Proposal (RFP) documents to ensure adequate information for response preparation is provided. Follows up with appropriate contact for additional information as required.
- Identifies and resolves issues around client enquiry requirements and Covance capabilities
- Organizes and manages strategic and operational calls related to the opportunity
- Prepares high quality and accurate documents; collaborates with the review team to ensure the responses and strategy meet the Sponsor requirements and expectations under the pressure of changing timelines; proactively works with the review team to craft the appropriate strategy. Depending on the request, may be responsible for owning a section of a deliverable, or owning the entire deliverable.
- Is responsible for facilitating internal and external opportunity management negotiations (i.e. process, resources, timelines, etc.)
- Liaises with third party vendors/vendor managers for provision of information where required.
- Supports client-facing and senior management-facing activities for assigned opportunities as needed, including supporting preparation, attendance, or leading applicable preparation and meetings
- Is accountable for timely and consistent delivery of assigned internal and external deliverables. Responsible for resolving issues/challenges and informing Manager
- Identifies and drives ways to improve the efficiency and quality of processes and the resulting deliverables, influencing key stakeholders as applicable
- Contributes to Qvidian content library by submitting new content or updates to existing content, using the official content submission process, and suggests areas for streamlining/improving content and/or structure.
- Performs quality control activities per the appropriate process/requirements
- Works across the organization in matrix environment across multiple time-zones and locations to lead the process and complete deliverables
- Maintains appropriate knowledge of the technical and regulatory environments