Covance is seeking a Material Handler at our Madison, WI location.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Performs a variety of duties related to receiving, distributing, storing, dispensing, inventory control and/or shipping in a safe and efficient manner, following Purchase order, P-Card or other internal instructions and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Loads and unloads freight in a safe manner. Operates any material handling equipment safely and efficiently. Makes certain all equipment needed for handling and moving of goods is available and in safe working condition.
- Verify contents of material received under purchase orders.
- Report shortages, damages, and incorrect shipments on appropriate forms and to designated personnel.
- Using internal computer systems, enter purchase order, sample, and/or inventory receipts, perform inquiries and print appropriate paperwork. Prepare logs for P-Card, Internet order and Freight receipts. Enter requisitions for select items based on inventory.
- Deliver materials or samples to proper locations.
- Ensure proper rotation and organization of stock and participate in physical inventories. Trace problems related to discrepancies and work with Buyer/RCP’s to resolve.
- Confirm internal stock requisitions, pick requested items, ensuring that the correct number and types of product are picked and delivered.
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area. Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse area. Comply with OSHA and MSDS standards.
- Performs all routine and non-routine activities in mail room (e.g., prepares manifests for local delivery service, process bulk or large volume mailings, receives, sorts and delivers internal mail, weighs and prepares outgoing mail, operates postal meter machine).
- Assists with preparing document and dangerous goods shipments (e.g.; package, secure container for shipment, affix appropriate label, and complete required documentation using shipping software). Assists in the preparation of and applies for necessary shipping permits.
- Accurately maintains records in area of responsibility (e.g.; receiving, shipping, picking, mail, controlled substances) and forwards to designated personnel as specified.
- Provides information to internal customers with regard to related departmental policies and SOPs.
- Understand cost factors and make suggestions for cost-effective alternatives.
- Work closely with internal personnel to maintain understanding of controlled substance handling and effectively control the materials and records to meet all legal, regulatory and company requirements.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.