The supply chain associate will perform a variety of activities relating to inventory control, Greenfield site logistics, material or specimen shipping (domestic & international), and centralized receiving as assigned by Supervisor to meet company standards of quality, customer service, safety, and productivity. This position is able to perform any departmental function and exercise judgment in performing daily duties including problem identification and resolution.
Duties to include:
- Maintain all product returns, cancelled orders and ensures items are returned to stock in a timely manner
- Ensure complete physical cycle count of assigned areas quarterly.
- Accountable for accurate inventory data, proper transactional timing (i.e., receipts and usage data is processed each day.), and report inventory variances to management.
- Assist in maintaining an inventory rotation and first in first out procedure.
- Prioritize daily tasks and special projects within inventory scope as directed by manager.
- Assist in the development, maintenance and update of departmental procedures and departmental training files as needed.
- Optimize organization of the assigned inventory area and controls to ensure accurate inventory is maintained.
- Assists all internal customers with help in answering any questions pertaining to stock items.
- Ability to expedite transportation arrangements for deliveries and/ or pick-ups
- Adheres to established SOPs and Universal Precaution guidelines at all times.
- Ability to requisition needed stock items.
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area. Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse area. Comply with OSHA and MSDS standards.
- Assist in all necessary steps pertaining to Freight Claims, Damaged Shipments, and Return Item Authorizations as applicable to inventory stock.
- Other duties assigned by Management