We have a great opportunity for a Veterinary Anatomic Pathologist to join our team. Come join a global team of veterinary pathologists focused on providing high quality support to nonclinical studies spanning all phases of drug development. Due to our continuous growth, we are looking for veterinary anatomic pathologists to be based at our site in Chantilly, VA. Covance’s work in developing new pharmaceutical solutions has an incredible impact on millions of lives worldwide. Be a part of this life-saving work!
Duties and responsibilities may include:
- Perform the complex microscopic evaluation and interpretation of tissue sections from animals exposed to test materials and correlate these findings with necropsy, organ weight and clinical pathology findings.
- Author comprehensive pathology narrative reports of microscopic, gross, and clinical pathology findings, while meeting report deadlines.
- Provide pathology support in the interpretation of chemical or drug-related toxicology findings in safety studies.
- Supervise necropsies and provide scientific guidance to necropsy technicians to ensure accuracy and compliance with protocols and SOP’s.
- Communicate the significance of pathologic findings to study directors, clients and other individuals.
- Serve as core pathologist for key client requesting this service.
- Alternatively, exhibit skills in specialty areas such a neuropathology, ocular pathology, immunohistochemistry, etc. and be responsible for evaluating specialty toxicology studies or specialty portions of studies.
What we’re looking for in you:
- DVM/VMD degree or equivalent.
- Formal pathology residency or graduate studies (i.e. MS, PhD) at an institution in which the training of veterinary pathologists is a primary function.
- Board certified by the American College of Veterinary Pathologists.
- A desire for continuous learning! Toxicologic pathology is an excited field where new discoveries are made each day! While experience in toxicologic pathology is desired, our global team has a great training program for newly boarded pathologists to launch their career in toxicologic pathology!
There is no better time to join us!